Microneedling Hands-On Training
Monday, September 24, 2018
9am – 4:30pm
Get certified on the Skin Pen, the only FDA approved
Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) is a minimally invasive rejuvenation procedure. CIT causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin. This unique technology helps to improve damaged or aging skin by utilizing the body’s healing response.
Microneedling is trending, and for good reason. Everyone is falling in love with the results! With proper training, it is minimally invasive with little to no downtime. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, serums and stem cell technology to help maximize client’s results.
The benefits of micro-needling are a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin, scars, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots. The outcome is beautiful, youthful looking skin.
An overview of science, treatment protocols & documentation, indications/contraindications, treatment plans, & aftercare will be discussed. Attendees will pair up and work on each other during this course.
The objective of this course is to provide attendees with theory and hands-on practical training in
Attendees, please be prepared to work on each other. Discontinue use of topical Retin A 48 hours prior to class and no chemical peels. Come to class well hydrated.
Key Learning Outcomes and Skills
- Theory/Lecture: Technology behind the treatment & Mechanism of Action
- Benefits and Treatment
- Review of Skin Anatomy
- Client Consideration and Selection
- Consultation Guidelines and Consent Forms
- Safety, Sanitation & Sterilization
- Pretreatment Protocol
- Treatment Protocols
- Post Treatment Protocol
- Recommended Homecare
- Maintenance Program
- Scheduling, Pricing, and Marketing
- Equipment & Supplies, Support Materials
- Instructor Demonstration on Model
- Hands-on Practice on each other or model
Optional Starter Equipment
Optional Starter Equipment is available to purchase the day of class. If you wish to inquire about pre-purchasing equipment please call us at 585-754-8434
Samuel Shatkin Jr., MD FACS
Aesthetic Associates Centre
Plastic Surgery and Advanced Skin Care
2500 Kensington Avenue 2nd Floor
Amherst, New York 14226
- An active Aesthetic, Cosmetology, Nursing or Physician license.
- We accept professionals from NY. After registering, email a copy of your certificate or transcript.
- Attendees who take this course are responsible for researching state/local/federal licensing laws & regulations surrounding these services & ensuring these services are within the scope of practice prior to registering for the course. We are not a regulatory agency, and all questions regarding the scope of practice must be researched through your governing Board and/or city/state/federal laws. Completing our training course does not allow
youlicense to legally perform the service in your city/state. All tuition is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Aesthetic Learning Academy
2500 Kensington Ave.
Amherst, NY 14226